Pendente Lite Motions
Pendente lite motions are motions made in matrimonial actions to obtain temporary orders that cannot wait until the results of a trial or final agreement. They are designed in theory to maintain a status quo to allow both spouses to continue to live while the divorce is proceeding.
Pendente lite motions typically include the following issues
- Pendente lite custody
- Pendente lite parenting time
- Pendente lite child support
- Pendente lite spousal support
- Pendente lite exclusive occupancy
- Pendente lite counsel fee awards
- Pendente lite expert fee awards
Pendente lite relief can only be granted by making a motion. The rules of procedure and governing case law require these motions to include certain language and mandatory exhibits, depending on what relief is being requested.